- History of the Book and Censorship in Russia. The Second Blium Readings.
- March 28th, 16:11
General and professional education committee of Leningrad region
Pushkin Leningrad State University Faculty of Law
Nizhny Novgorod Regional Department of the Russian Society of Historian-Archivists
invite historians and lawyers to participate in
the international scientific conference devoted to Arlen V. Blium,
"History of the Book and Censorship in Russia. The Second Blium Readings"
21-22 May 2013
The aim of the conference is a uniting of the scientific societies of art historians, philologists, historians and lawyers to discuss questions of state and law history, the history of the book, art, literature, and media control, in order to form new perspectives.
The main agenda:
- Arlen V. Blum's works;
- censorial institutions in pre-revolutionary Russia;
- censorial policy in pre-revolutionary Russia;
- legal status of censor in pre-revolutionary Russia. Biographies of the censors;
- history of the book and book publishing industry in pre-revolutionary Russia;
- censorial institutions in the RSFSR and the USSR: Glavlit. Glavrepertkom;
- censorial policy in the RSFSR and the USSR;
- legal status of censor in the RSFSR and the USSR. Biographies of the censors;
- special funds in libraries, museums and archives in the USSR;
- the history of the book and book publishing industry in Russia, the RSFSR and the USSR;
- history of the book and censorship abroad;
The conference is to have live or postal participation. Application forms and articles are to be sent by e-mail not later than 15 May 2013. The application form must contain: the title of report; first name, patronymic and surname of the author; advanced degree and position; the full name of the represented organization; address for sending the conference book, telephone number, e-mail of the author, and form of participation (live or postal).
Articles published in the international conference book are equal to works published in leading scientific journals and editions that reflect major scientific discoveries.
The Organizing committee reserves the right to select materials for publication in the "Leningrad Judicial Journal" (which is endorsed by the Highest Attestation Commission for publishing in the specialty of "jurisprudence").
The cost of article publishing: 1 page - 200 rubles. The article should be from 5 to 10 pages. Norms of work formatting are according to government standard. Word, double spacing. Receipt of payment (from the bank accounts of Pushkin Leningrad State University) is sent to the author at the same time as the confirmation of article acceptance for publication. Money transfer to the account of the university must be completed after receipt of confirmation of article acceptance by the Organizing committee.
The conference book is sent to authors providing payment for postage expenses: within Russia - 100 rubles, for foreign participants - 300 rubles.
For more information about the conference, accommodation and participation, contact us: +8(981) 811 0021 (Department of Theory and History of the State and Law) or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase in the memo line "conference about censorship". The executive secretary responsible for the conference is Alena Portnova.
Our address: 196605, St. Petersburg, Pushkin, Peterburgskoe shosse 10.